HALF DAY TO DOI SUTHEP TEMPLE AND CITY AREA
Dating back to 1383, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep is regarded by Thais as one of Thailand’s most important religious sites. The temple features a stunning gilded chedi and a courtyard paved in marble. It is filled with Buddhist symbolism, including a statue of a white elephant. The elephant represents the living animal that carried a piece of bone up Doi Suthep, dropping dead along the way. The bone was believed to be the shoulder bone of Gautama Buddha himself.
There are some spectacular views of Chiang Mai from the temple, which is located on Doi Suthep. It is accessible by climbing up 309 steps, but those who feel that the stairs are a bit too strenuous can take a tram. The grounds at Wat Phra That Doi Suthep house numerous bells, statues, pagodas, shrines and a museum.
You may choose to visit a few other famous temples in the city. Do some of temples we suggested below as much as your time allows.
- Wat Chedi Luang – a home to Chiang Mai’s largest Buddhist chedi built featuring 98 meters tall and 54 meters in diameter.
- Wat Phra Singh – a home to Phra Phutthasihing, Chiang Mai’s most sacred, Chiang sean-style Buddha image.
- Wat Umong – the ‘Tunnel Temple’, famous for its ancient tunnels and large stupa. There are tunnels with Buddhist images below the chedi which can be easily explored.
- Wat Chiang Man - the oldest temple in Chiang Mai town, built in 1296 by King Mengrai of Lanna kingdom. The temple is famous for its Lanna-style chedi supported by rows of elephant-shaped buttresses.
- Wat Sri Suphan - The architecture is built in Lanna style of masonry and the aluminum-and-silver decoration over delicate carving.
Take a half day car rental based on your own personalized itinerary, limited to 60 km, 4 hours. Price includes a car with chauffer and gasoline.
Destinations you can do with this package :
- Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep temple, Wat Phra Singh, Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Chiang Man, Wat Lok Moli, Wat Ket Karam, Wat Jed Yod, Wat Umong, Wat Ram Poeng
SUV (1-5 Pax) 2,172 Baht/Trip
Van (4-12 Pax) 2,594 Baht/Trip
Need extra hours or accident insurance? Simply put in the section Add-on Items below. Extra hourly rental costs 400 Baht/hour. Accident insurance costs 50 Baht/Pax/Trip.
Need baby car seat? It is free of charge (based on availability). Please indicate in the remarks section when you book.
- Round-trip transportation service (chauffeur, vehicle and gasoline) up to limited hours as stated in the package.
- Destination Entry fee. Parking fee. Toll fee. Food/beverage.
- Any other extra fee.
- Add-on items. Extra charges applied per selected add-on items.
- Charges will be made upon your confirmation once your booking has been confirmed.
On your travel day:
- Please present the travel voucher or valid photo IDs/passports to tour guide/chauffeur at the time of departure.
Changes & Cancellation policy:
- Changes of date/time/plan can be made free of charge up to 24 hours before departure date/time. However, availability is not guaranteed.
Cancellation is free of charge up to 24 hours before departure date/time. Refund may take up to 10-15 business days.
Last minute cancellation (less than 24 hours before departure date/time) or no show will be fully charged.
- Product code HDCNX03
- Area In The City
- Total Distance (km.) 60
- Total Duration 4 hrs.
ขออภัย สินค้ารายการนี้ยังไม่มีผู้ Review ค่ะ.