GOLDEN TRIANGLE EXPLORER TOUR (FULL DAY)
Highlights: Stunning White Temple (Wat Rong Khun), National artist’s famous Black House, hot springs, Mekong river where three countries meet, Hall of Opium, Chiang Saen ancient city ruins, Long necked Karen and Akha hilltribe village
7:00 am: an early start since we will travel four hours to Chiang Rai, including a brief coffee break at Mae Kajan hot springs, before arriving at the remarkable (and very popular) Wat Rong Khun, a deeply symbolic and unusually styled ‘white’ temple, displaying the surreal creations of religious artist Chalermchai Kositpipat.
11:30 am: Next stop is an equally arresting contrast in the Black House, a collection of art installations and buildings themed on the earthy theme of buffalo horns to signify impermanence, as created by National Artist Thawan Duchanee.
1:00 pm: After another 45 minute transfer we arrive at the banks of the mighty Mekong, Southeast Asia’s most important river, where we have lunch at a local restaurant and then explore ruins of this ancient Lanna Kingdom city, once seat of King Mengrai before he moved to Chiang Mai.
2:45 pm: The Golden Triangle is revealed finally, as we arrive at the apex of a three-border point beside the river where Myanmar and Laos meet Thailand, and spent an hour learning all about the drug trade that gifted the area its name, as told in the world-class Hall of Opium.
4:00 pm: We set out on the long journey back to Chiang Mai, stopping en route at an Akha hill tribe village to witness the curious and primitive lives of this minority group and a quick photo-op with the remarkable long-necked Karen women. The trip back home is broken with a coffee break at a lovely roadster.
8:30 pm: Arrive hotel.
Remarks: The Hall of Opium is closed on Mondays.
Includes: Entrance fee to all places mentioned in itinerary, Lunch, English speaking guide, Accident insurance (for age 1-75 yrs.)
|Participants (Adult&Child)||Adult (Discount 10%)||Child Discount 10%|
* Child: Age 4-12 yrs. (Child under 4 yrs old FREE)
* All taxes/service charges inclusive. Tip is not included.
* All discounts will be applied when check out.
- When customer confirms a booking, the credit card will be authorized. The charge will be made once the availability is confirmed. This process usually takes 1 business day. Travel voucher will be sent to your email once the booking is confirmed and your credit card has been charged.
On your travel day:
- Please present the confirmation voucher or valid photo IDs/passports to tour guide/chauffeur at the time of departure.
Changes & Cancellation policy:
- Changes of date/time/plan can be made free of charge up to 24 hours before departure date/time. However, availability is not guaranteed.
Cancellation is free of charge up to 24 hours before departure date/time. Refund may take up to 10-15 business days.
Last minute (within 24 hours before departure time) cancellation or no show will be fully charged.
Accident insurance coverages:
Travelers at age of 1 to 75 years only
Death/permanent disability (up to predefined limit)
Medical treatment for physical injuries caused by accidents only (up to predefined limit)
- Product code TRCEI01
- Type of Tour Private, Full day
- Duration (approx.) 13.5 hrs.
- Minimum (pax) 2
- Meals included Coffee breaks, Lunch, Refreshment
- English guide included Yes
- Chinese guide included On request only. Please put in remarks.
- Accident insurance included Yes
ขออภัย สินค้ารายการนี้ยังไม่มีผู้ Review ค่ะ.