WAT RAM POENG
Wat Ram Poeng was established in 1492 by King Yod Chiengrai in memory of his father. The temple is also known as Wat Tapotaram, which means the Monastery of Ascetic Practice. Wat Ram Poeng houses the largest collection of Tipitaka (Buddhist scriptures) in the country as well as the complete Theravada canon, which is in numerous dialects. Also in the temple grounds is a central stupa and a new building that serves as the library.
Today, Wat Ram Poeng is a well-known Vipassana meditation centre, where students come for 26-day retreats. There are also 10-day courses for those that have already completed the initial 26-day course. Courses are quite intensive, with days starting at 06:00 and ending at 22:00. Both foreigners and Thais join the meditation courses, which have been running since 1975.
Take a half day city tour with your own personalized itinerary. Price includes a car with chauffer who will drive you to the places of your choice in the city area for 4 hours.
SUV (1-5 Pax) 1,917 Baht/Trip
Van (4-12 Pax) 2,172 Baht/Trip
Need extra hours or accident insurance? Simply put in the section Add-on Items below. Extra hourly rental costs 400 Baht/hour. Accident insurance costs 50 Baht/Pax/Trip.
Need baby car seat? It is free of charge (based on availability). Please indicate in the remarks section when you book.
- Round-trip transportation service (chauffeur, vehicle and gasoline) up to limited hours as stated in the package.
- Destination Entry fee. Parking fee. Toll fee. Food/beverage.
- Any other extra fee.
- Add-on items. Extra charges applied per selected add-on items.
- Charges will be made upon your confirmation once your booking has been confirmed.
On your travel day:
- Please present the travel voucher or valid photo IDs/passports to tour guide/chauffeur at the time of departure.
Changes & Cancellation policy:
- Changes of date/time/plan can be made free of charge up to 24 hours before departure date/time. However, availability is not guaranteed.
Cancellation is free of charge up to 24 hours before departure date/time. Refund may take up to 10-15 business days.
Last minute cancellation (less than 24 hours before departure date/time) or no show will be fully charged.
- Product code DTCNX24
- Area In The City
- Distance from city center (km.) 6
- Open hours 07:00 - 17:00
- Close -
- Entry fee for Foreigners (Adult/Child) -
- Entry fee for Thai (Adult/Child) -
- Vehicle Entry fee -
- Phone 0 5327 8620
- Remarks -
ขออภัย สินค้ารายการนี้ยังไม่มีผู้ Review ค่ะ.