CHIANG MAI CITY TEMPLES TOUR (HALF DAY)
Highlights: Drive around the old city to see city’s moat and ruined walls. Visit must-see temples in the city as many as time allows.
Morning departure: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm. Afternoon departure: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
Chiang Mai hosts over 300 Buddhist temples (“wat” in Thai). Most of the temples are of the ‘Lanna’ style, dating between the 13th and 18th centuries and characterized by curved wooden roofs pointing up at the top. Beside the most famous Wat Phra That Doi Suthep other must-see temples are in the old city and surrounded area. (Check out our Doi Suthep tours if you wish to visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep.)
Here's our 5 must-see city temples that we will visit (as many as time allows):
Wat Chedi Luang "The temple of the Great Stupa". Construction began in 1391 and lasted almost a century. When the chedi was finally finished in 1475 it had reached a height of about 85 meters and a width of 44 meters, which made it by far the largest structure of Chiang Mai. In 1545, it was partially destroyed in an earthquake.
Wat Phra Singh Dates back to the 14th century when Chiang Mai was the capital of the Lanna Kingdom, Wat Phra Singh is one of the finest examples of classic Lanna style temple architecture in Northern Thailand. A grand monastery containing an important Buddhist statue called Phra Phuttha Sihing.
Wat Chiang Man. The oldest temple in Chiang Mai town, built in 1296 by King Mengrai of Lanna kingdom. The temple is famous for its Lanna-style chedi supported by rows of elephant-shaped buttresses.
Wat Sri Suphan. The architecture is built in Lanna style of masonry and the aluminum-and-silver decoration over delicate carving. This three-dimension art portrays stories of Buddhism, dharma puzzles, and the history of the temple with purposes not only to preserve the religion, conserve the local wisdom of silverware, but also to boast the pride of Lanna kingdom for generations to come.
Wat Umong. A 700-year-old temple with the tunnels (umong) below the pagoda. The ruined mural paintings inside the tunnels are believed to be the oldest Lanna period paintings that can be found. Visit here to enjoy reading Buddist adages written in English and Thai, leading to a small lake where you can feed fish and turtles, or visit its open zoo amid the forest behind the temple.
Return to the hotel.
Includes: English speaking guide, Accident insurance (for age 1-75 yrs.)
Remarks: Please dress appropriately in temples and palace.
|Participants (Adult&Child)||Adult (Discount 10%)||Child (Discount 10%)|
* Child: Height 90-130 cm. (Child Height under 90 cm. FREE)
* All taxes/service charges inclusive. Tip is not included.
* All discounts will be applied when check out.
- When customer confirms a booking, the credit card will be authorized. The charge will be made once the availability is confirmed. This process usually takes 1 business day. Travel voucher will be sent to your email once the booking is confirmed and your credit card has been charged.
On your travel day:
- Please present the confirmation voucher or valid photo IDs/passports to tour guide/chauffeur at the time of departure.
Changes & Cancellation policy:
- Changes of date/time/plan can be made free of charge up to 24 hours before departure date/time. However, availability is not guaranteed.
Cancellation is free of charge up to 24 hours before departure date/time. Refund may take up to 10-15 business days.
Last minute (within 24 hours before departure time) cancellation or no show will be fully charged.
Accident insurance coverages:
Travelers at age of 1 to 75 years only
Death/permanent disability (up to predefined limit)
Medical treatment for physical injuries caused by accidents only (up to predefined limit)
- Product code TRCNX12
- Type of Tour Private, Half day
- Duration (approx.) 4 hrs.
- Minimum (pax) 2
- Meals included Drinking water
- English guide included Yes
- Chinese guide included On request only. Please put in remarks.
- Accident insurance included Yes
ขออภัย สินค้ารายการนี้ยังไม่มีผู้ Review ค่ะ.